Maine...really?

- for Creekers & Worms alike, let's talk up some memories and moments! Who's comin this year?

Moderators: HippieChic, MelleYeah

Maine...really?

Post by TG5611 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Couldn't you find anywhere further away?
TG5611
larvae

Re: Maine...really?

Post by hippiemick » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Yep, it's far for some. I'll be driving up from southern Ct. Think of all the good folks in Maine and other northern states that don't have to travel so far this time. I might also add that finding a place to host a fest might just be the hardest part of the job. This place hosted the Netva fest and i understand it's a great venue.
VernWorm
hippiemick
Worm Guide

Post by juicenewton » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:00 am

Amen brother Mick! So well put as always :heart: Us Mainers haul our happy butts all over creation for a festival. Nateva @ Oxford Fairgrounds was amazing, beautiful venue (no shade though so bring your own!!), and I know Wormtown is going to make this fest even more incredible...
:cheerleader: I am so excited I can't stop smiling!!!!! Welcome to Maine everyone!!
juicenewton
Worm

Post by funguy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 am

I'm really looking forward to this camp creek, last one I went to was 2002. :embarassed: Does anyone know what the camping is like up there? Just in a field? Do you camp with your car or not? Just wondering so we can be prepared up there. Thanks everyone.
funguy
larvae

Post by juicenewton » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes, you do camp with your car. The festival will be held at Oxford County Fairgrounds. So that means, lots of dirt and grass. The main stage will probably be back down in the track like it was a Nateva, and there are barns that will probably house the other stages, such as VERNVILLE (!!!). It is all open with very, very few trees, horse stalls (which we were lucky enough to camp in at Nateva) and basically just sun beating down upon you every waking moment during the day. BRING AN EZUP, or a tarp, or something. We had the horsestalls and an ezup last year (which scored us some amazing neighboors and friends) and I still got sick from the heat. There are random water spickets kinda spattered around which is awesome, and flush toilets! Everything is pretty close to everything else, not much hiking around which is nice. All I can say is SHADE, SHADE, SHADE! Other than that, the worms will have everything you need and more! :heart: :heart: :heart:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Oxford+Co ... 9&t=h&z=17

here's a pictcha for ya!
juicenewton
Worm

Return to Camp Creek